Monday, April 15, 2013

ALL THAT GLITTERS ISN'T ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL ...


Opalescence glitters from each delicate scale as a Dragumon joins her peers. 

A black-haired male shuffles his massive fiery-red scaled legs toward a hand chiseled marble podium. The three perfect pearl-like moons facing him spotlight his smooth, corded chest, shoulders, and arms.

“Friends.” His deep voice boomed with no aid from electronics. Human-like lips part and a serpent’s tongue licks the air. “I have exciting news. The elders have chosen our next target ... the complete and utter annihilation of the planet Sendek.”

Cheers erupt.

His hairless muscled chest expands and thick-lashed eyes brighten. “I knew you would be pleased.” A smile, unbecoming any half-human beast, flashes. “Here is our first step ...”


*     *     *         *

A cry for help escapes a young woman’s lips as she thrashes in her sleep. She bolts upright and a mist of perspiration glistens on her brow. The recurring dream of an attack on her planet still fresh in her mind. The climax always the same; her death in the capital city of Joharadin. As of yet, she has avoided any such journey there.

She arrives at work a few hours later and is called into her supervisor’s office.

“Good morning, Talia. We’re having a problem at the main headquarters and we need your expertise to handle the delicacy of the situation. Please be ready to relocate to Joharadin by the end of the week.

Talia stops breathing. She clutches her throat, but remains silent.

“That will be all.” Her supervisor continues to flip through the papers on her desk.

Talia’s head spins as a whirlwind of images from her dreams culminates into one massive blur. 

Another woman brushes against Talia as she enters the office. Talia gasps and sucks in a much needed breath. She flees down the corridor and into the ladies room, locking the door. Death and destruction await for me in the capitol. What do I do now?





Only magic can save her planet. But magic is long dead, replaced many millennia ago by science. Or is it? 




A hidden force awakens within Talia ...


Could this be the magic resurrecting? ...


The Magic Wakes by Charity Bradford




Amazon: Link

Charity Bradford
The Magic Wakes  WiDo Publishing

View the trailer HERE.
Read the Prologue and part of Chapter 1 HERE.



Will Talia’s magical force be strong enough to ward off the Dragumon and their obsession for mass destruction? Or will Sendeck grace the history books as another Atlantis?

What an exciting way to start the week ... right? I’d certainly would like to know the answers! Wouldn’t you? Thankfully there’s an easy way to find out...

I hope you’ll get a chance to drop by and say Hi to Charity. She is so incredibly sweet and talented.

So ends another intro. I appreciate you all dropping in and leaving such awesome comments. Have a MEMORABLE Monday everyone.  



43 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Took me two lines to guess this one! Awesome choice. Especially as Charity was my featured blogger buddy today as well.

Anonymous said...

Great choice and an excellent write up. Most enjoyable to read.

Yvonne.

Sally said...

It sounds like it could be a book to recommend to my hubby who loves Fantasy.

Unknown said...

Tat cover was so descriptive. I can tell a lot about the book already: futuristic, technological, magical.

Stina said...

Sure, leave us in suspense, Michael!!!!

Love the cover.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

That cover is arresting. Great post today!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Beautiful cover and the story sounds riveting.

mshatch said...

Heheh, I knew this one right away :) Congratulations to Charity!!!

mooderino said...

Nice intro to what sounds like a very entertaining read.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Love the cover. This one sounds really good.

Laura Eno said...

On my must-read list!

Laura Eno – A Shift in Dimensions

Charity Bradford said...

*waves* Thanks Michael and everyone for stopping by. And yes! Please read to find the answers. ;)

Or stop by my facebook page. I've started a forum over there where you can ask questions.

Julie Flanders said...

I've had this one on my TBR list for a while. This makes me want to bump it up, awesome write-up. :)

DEZMOND said...

"hairless chest" ... pfftt... bring back the hair... we like the love carpet!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Looks interesting!!

Linda Gray said...

That cover design is really great. Thanks for sharing this, Michael!

Kimberly Gabriel said...

Beautiful cover! I love your imagery Michael!

nutschell said...

im so intrigued by this book, especially since I looove fantasy!

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing about this book. I also like your post title- it is true that not everything that looks
eye-catching at a first glance is really all that great once you take a second look.

LD Masterson said...

Excellent write up. I'm adding this to my TBR list.

Yolanda Renée said...

Yes, most definitely on the TBR list, my new genre favorite -- fantasy!

Awesome!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

What a great cover, and the book sounds really good. Will have to check this one out, too! I am loving your theme this month- so fun to see what's next in your picks. And what a great idea to spotlight all these amazing authors.

Mark Means said...

Whew! I thought, at first, that Father Dragon Al was going to invade somewhere :D

Seriously, though, great intro (as usual) and I dig that video. They did a great job on that.

Best wishes to Charity.

Left and Write

Carrie Butler said...

You had me at opalescence. Such a beautiful word!

Michelle Wallace said...

I agree with Carrie. Opalescence is my kind of word. It has a strong aural appeal!

Writer In Transit

cleemckenzie said...

Here's to Charity's book and success. Memorable post on M. Day

~Sia McKye~ said...

This is the first time I had a chance to view the Trailer. It does look good!

Nick Wilford said...

What a lead-in! Dragumon sound like an awesomely terrifying creation. Can't wait to read this one.

Carol Kilgore said...

Oh, cool! Charity is featured at Alex's today, too :)

Morgan said...

You're still alive?!?!?! Seriously the most epic theme EVER!!!!!! I don't know how you're pulling off so much great writing like this every day. I'm amazed and you have all my respect!

Al Diaz said...

Excellent introduction! And just in case you don't read my answer in my blog, I come all the way here to tell you this challenge can't kill you. You have too much of a brain to be done after 26 days of boot camp creativity. Dwarves are dying but you're no dwarf, so you will survive. Just hang in there! :D

Karen Jones Gowen said...

As soon as I saw the work Dragumon I had it. What a wonderful book Charity wrote. I thoroughly enjoyed it! She's a very talented writer, and so are you Michael, the way you capture the essence of these books in your creative posts.

Chancelet said...

That does sound so interesting. Twilight Zonish. :)

Heidi Mannan said...

Sounds like an awesome story!

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations to Charity! It's fun seeing her book everywhere :-)

VR Barkowski said...

Job well done, Michael. And Yay for Charity!!! Gorgeous cover and a totally intriguing storyline. Can't wait to read it!

~VR Barkowski

Kristen said...

Sounds great! Added to my wishlist. :)

#atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

Denise Covey said...

Here for my catch up Michael. Each author should be SO proud of the treatment you've given their books. D

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I love the way you share these books. It works so well!

Michelle Merrill said...

This is in my TBR pile, and now I'm even more excited to read it!

Unknown said...

This one sounds really cool. I love the idea of magic replaced with science, yet it must return.

Charity Bradford said...

Michael, thank you again for the extra exposure for my book. Please let me know if you need anything for your future tours or anything. ;)